Barista / Assistant Manager
Peixoto Coffee is a woman-owned, small and local business rapidly growing into our second retail location. We are one of a handful of coffee companies in the country who farms our own coffee at our farm in Brazil. We bring our coffees directly, transparently, and sustainably to Chandler AZ, where we roast, and serve our community at our beautiful coffee shop. We are now looking to grow our team – aka our Familia – bringing individuals who share in the passion for our Vision to “change lives through our family-farmed coffees” whether at the farm level, our operations, or the communities we serve.
Peixoto Coffee provides a demanding and dynamic, yet fun, work environment for our employees, where growth is not just our goal, but an everyday mindset. If a career in a unique coffee company which cares deeply about why and what it does is your calling in life, then we’d love to consider having you on our team!
– Full Time (Baristas and Assistant Manager: approx. 35-40 hours per week)
– Part time (Baristas only: approx. 20-25 hours per week)
Hourly base pay plus tips
Baristas range $18-20/hour (base + tips)
Assistant Managers range $20-22/hour (base + tips)
Other perks: Free coffee, monthly gift card, paid-time off beyond State requirements, unique on-the-job coffee and leadership development opportunities, and company-sponsored health insurance for full-time employees.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Team player and positive attitude
– Great sense of initiative and self-motivation
– Desire to grow and be challenged
– Experience in fast-paced, multitasking environment
– Barista experience preferred, especially at a specialty coffee shop
– Experience with specialty coffee equipment preferred
– Passion for Peixoto Coffee
– Food service certification
Barista Job Duties:
– Creating a friendly and high-quality coffee experience for every customer who enters through our doors
– Preparing quality coffee beverages using the Peixoto standards and specialty coffee best-practices
– Preparing syrups, cold brew, kegged and batch-beverages
– Washing dishes, cleaning coffee shop, including bathrooms, stocking
– Demonstrating initiative and creativity to improve products and processes
– Working harmoniously and collaboratively as part of a team
– Cleaning and maintaining equipment
Assistant Manager Job Duties:
– Perform all job duties of the role of a Barista
– Open/closing shop
– Closing drawers
– Delegating tasks to baristas
– Planning and executing prep duties
– Rigorously maintaining checklists
– Following and enforcing policies
– Providing shift reports to management
– Attending weekly meetings with Shop Manager
– Coaching baristas
Select the position you are applying for in the application form below.
Peixoto Coffee is an equal opportunity employer and is fully committed to respect, diversity, and equality in the workplace.